Submit a talk
Your contribution to OSMC 2018 is very much appreciated! Please fill in the form below to register your interest in presenting at the Open Source Monitoring Conference 2018. CfP runs until July 31, 2018. Please note the guidelines below for speeches.
The submitted abstracts should be very technical. We are looking for insights into new topics or Open Source projects, technical backgrounds, the latest developments, new features and techniques, how-tos, case studies, best practices as well as future trends and perspectives.
As a speaker you can choose the presentation format that suits you!
Decide between three options:
- Ignite talk – 5 minutes: As a presenter, you must make tough decisions. How long should you present? How many slides should you create? How should you organize the speech? – You prefer a clear structure? Submit an Ignite talk: Five minutes to talk accompanied by 20 slides, 15 seconds each.
- 20 – 25 minutes: An Ignite talk is not exactly the right thing for you, but nevertheless you like to put things in a nutshell and keep it short and simple? For you we have created the short lecture format limited to 20-25 minutes.
- 50 – 55 minutes: Your findings require more time? You are used to presenting in around an hour? Or you want to integrate a live demonstration of a feature into your talk? Submit a talk for the longer lecture format of 50 – 55 minutes.
A Q&A session is scheduled after each presentation. The conference will be held in English and German. Presentations in English are particularly welcome!
Submission guidelines for speeches and workshops at the OSMC:
- All software presented must be freely available for download and therefore meet open source standards such as GPL.
- Presentations accepted for this conference are strictly educational. Content of promotional nature will not be accepted.
- To ensure diversity and appeal to a general and varied audience, preference will be given to first time submissions.