NETWAYS Event Services presents the Open Source Monitoring Conference 2018 from November 05 – 08, 2018. The speaker is presenting one speech at this conference and may attend free of charge. The following agreement outlines the mutual rights and obligations between NETWAYS Event Services and the speaker to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding:
1. The speaker will give a presentation at the conference according to the following unless otherwise agreed: The presentation is timed for a 50-55 minutes speech with a subsequent 5 to 10-minutes question and answer session. The speaker declares their presentation meets the Open Source Monitoring Conference guidelines for submission and conduct.
2. In return for the presentation the speaker is offered free conference participation in accordance to the conference ticket (regular price EUR 1.049 + VAT). Hence all speaker costs, charges and fees are acquitted. This includes the following benefits:
- attendance at all presentations | Nov 06 – 07
- refreshments during the morning and afternoon breaks
- lunch on both conference days incl. softdrinks
- evening event on the first day | Nov 06
- Wi-Fi access during the conference
- two nights accommodation including breakfast at the conference hotel | Nov 05 – 07
- an additional dinner on the evening prior to the conference | Nov 05
3. Presentation cancellation may only be made with mutual consent between the speaker and NETWAYS Event Services. By absence through illness or force majeure, the earliest possible notification is requested. By unannounced speaker absences, NETWAYS Event Services reserves the right to charge the speaker the above named conference package rate.
4. The speaker agrees to send their relevant presentation abstract (brief description of content) no later than October 15, 2018 to NETWAYS Event Services so as to meet print deadlines for the final conference program.
5. The speaker declares that their presentation does not infringe any rights of a 3rd party (e.g. copyrights) and gives consent to being recorded at the conference in audio, visual and textual mediums. The speaker gives consent to NETWAYS Event Services to publish these recordings along with their presentation materials with clear and due reference to the author (e.g. for download on the conference website). The right on any changes of the program is reserved.
6. The event may be cancelled due to not reaching the minimum number of participants two weeks prior to the event by the organiser. Further the organiser is reserving the right to cancel the event with short notice if extraordinary reasons out of their control are occurring. In these cases, entitlement to damages excluded.
7. Please note that the organiser is reserving the right to exclude accepted speeches on short notice due to necessary program changes caused by unforeseen events. The related speaker will be offered a 20% discount on any chosen conference package to join the conference as a participant.